Monday, July 31, 2006

Penang Bridge Run (Pt 3 - conclusion series)

While we were driving across the bridge, a feeling of easy run is in store. The gradient is not so steep. Then we have a chance to checked out the route. Wow, flat most of the way except the hump on the bridge. Standing in Bayan Lepas looking at the bridge and someone told me just 11km one way and I was thinking to and fro is 22km. YES, just like makan laksa.

Woke up early, got prepared, and off to the starting point. I was thinking of a slow run of about 6.5 mins per km. BANG, off we go. I ran together with Peter until to the top of the hump and took a picture there. Turned around Peter was lost. So all by myself and chat with some guys along the way. U-turn and ran towards Penang. Went up the hump again and before I reached the 25km mark, both my legs start to behave on their own loh. Now this is what I dun like leh, got burn out at 25km mark.

Made it to the 30km mark. It was 3.5hrs since the bang. Limping, walking, jog, and finding a good relax way to move forward. The good consolation at this stretch of road was admiring how Agilent Technologies and Intel found such a good spot to setup their plant. Facing the greenish blue sea, clean street so is the rock beach.

5.03.33 this is the time I crossed the finishing line. Just like Penang laksa, nice and beautifully presented, eat it and the punch is there. If Penang ever organise again, hmm ..... I dun like Laksa but we must have a fighting spirit, right?

1 comment:

KC & the Sunshine Runners said...

Hi Mr. Lee,

Please contact me, KC, Pacesetters Club Webmaster... regarding your report in Footloose.

In Pacesetters Web site, click Footloose, then June Edition.

Do you have the colour photos?

kcle3@streamyx.com

regards,
KC