Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Heel Pain

That's the area of pain I'm going thru now.

I remembered the days in my 20ties, running on just a pair of BATA badminton master. Quite active then, smoking, drinking, badminton and still made a good 2hr 15mins in my PJ half. Got settled down and running stop immediately but actively in badminton for a few more years before getting lazy and plump. My weight shoot to 86kg. After almost 12 years of inactivity, I started my running again in 3Q of 2002. One month into running, I quit my 25yrs of smoking experience but continue with my drinking except alot less.

Time fly fast and into my 5th running year now. Way back in 2002 I started with a pair of NIKE. Then joined Pacesetters and became an NB user. Till today I had burned out a pair of NIKE, two pairs NB715, 1 pair BROOKS, 2 pairs NB900, 1 pair NB901, and presently using 1 pair NB1060 and a new pair of NB901. My heel pain starts when my 1st pair of NB901 life coming to an end. B4 going further, let's do some calculation. Take RM210 a pair x 8 = RM1680. I smoked 1 packet a day. Let take a packet RM5 x 1460 = 7300. Ya..hoo.... I saved 5620! REALLY? Maybe on par if you include race reg. fees, travelling, vest, health food, etc, etc. So running and in a pub tokkok is a different matter all together.

I stick to the idea of not >800km per pair. Hopefully it will prevent running injuries. Just not ready to give up running so fast.
My 1st 3 yrs of running, an average weekly mileage of 40km. I always have 2 pairs of running shoes so I can switch its use. So 1 yr burned out 2 pairs. SO WHY NOW HEEL PAIN? AH....... now i get it. Let me share with you my 1st 3 yrs and the just concluded 4th yrs in running.

Suspected caused #1;
I have the privilege of having a good foot massage every week. No miss. I worked 2.5 yrs in China and foot massage was just so economical. Now I'm back home for almost a year without foot massage.

Suspected caused #2;
It was made me believed that the shoes original insole do not have good arch support. I will purchased another sets of insole with good arch support to replace the original one. Coincidently, a pair of insole lifespan is same as the shoes lifespan. When I bought my NB901 and NB1060 begining of this year, I never thought of buying those insole I so used to. What made me forgot about it? Heaven knows.

Suspected caused #3;
My style of running had changed. From casual to speedy gozales. Always trying to break previous best.

Conclusion;
Strike out caused #1 and #3. Me change all insole with good arch support. Will let you all know whether it helps or not.

Happy running.

2 comments:

PACM.KLANG said...

Hi Lee,

I found out yesterday evening, why my Mizuno Wave Inspire ( retail pr rm 410.00 ! ) cause pain to my knee.
I decided to go for a walk wearing my new shoe.
I feel dizzy when i stand up, and as i keep on walking , i had to stoop, then only i realised that thr front part sole is very thin compared to other shoes I had. Imagine walking wearing ladies high heel.
After the 1.5 km walk, i started to feel the pain on my knees , the pain was there when I walked up the stairs....no wonder why they sell me at 50% discount !!!!!!!
I am willing to give another 50% discount to any interested buyer !

Scorcorn9 said...

No u should donate, hah ha